Monarch Place, Springfield, MA 01144
Each class will be held from
9am to 5pm at:
Wake Forest University Charlotte Center
200 North College Street #150
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Lunch and beverage breaks are included
For accommodations, please contact:
Please use the group code: WFU
Deadline for group rate is 2/5/16
UMass Center at Springfield
1500 Main St., Springfield, MA 01103
The UMass Center is located 17 miles from Hardford/Bradley International Airport (BDL)
- Driving from Airport - around 25 minutes
- Continue to Schoephoester Road
- Take I-91 North to East Columbus Avenue in Springfield (roughly 19 miles)
- Take exit 6 from I-91 N
- Continue on East Columbus Avenue until Borland Way
- Turn right onto Borland Way, then left onto Main Street
- Public Transportation - around 2.5 hours
- From Terminal A, you'll take the 30-Bradley Flyer into downtown Hartford and then board a transfer
- Visit CTTransit to plan your trip
- 1-day pass: $3.00
- 3-day pass: $7.50
- 5-day pass: $12.00
- Amtrak to Springfield, MA (SPG)
- Station Building Address: 66 Lyman St. Springfield, MA 01103
- Visit Amtrak to plan your trip
- Bus - Peter Pan Bus Lines
- Serves the Northeast corridor of the United States
- Visit Peter Pan Bus to plan your trip
Coming from Abroad?
You can fly nonstop from a few major European cities to Boston, only an hour and a half drive from Springfield, MA. Air Lingus has a new non-stop flight to Hartford-Springfield (BDL) from Dublin, Ireland.
UMass Springfield Center will be providing reduced rate parking passes for WIIC participants.
All day passes will only be $5.
WIIC Location & Accommodations
The 2018 Winter Institute for Intercultural Communication is taking place in Springfield, Massachusetts. Known as Hoop City, the City of Homes, and The City of Firsts, Springfield is situated 90 miles from Boston, MA, 85 miles from Providence, RI (airport code PVD), and 90 miles from Albany, NY.
The Intercultural Communication Institute