Monarch Place, Springfield, MA 01144
Discounted group rate is $119/night plus taxes.
Group rate available until February 10, 2018.
Subject to availability.
Make your reservation at:
Each class will be held from
9am to 5pm at:
Wake Forest University Charlotte Center
200 North College Street #150
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Lunch and beverage breaks are included
For accommodations, please contact:
Please use the group code: WFU
Deadline for group rate is 2/5/16
UMass Center at Springfield
1500 Main St., Springfield, MA 01103
From Bradley International Airport (BDL)
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
- Driving from Airport: Continue to Schoephoester Road. Take I-91 North to East Columbus Ave. in Springfield. (You will stay on I-91 for roughly 19 miles) Take exit 6 from I-91 N; continue on East Columbus Ave. Drive to Main St. (It will take approximately 25 minutes)
- Public Transportation from Airport/Terminal A: You’ll take the 30-Bradley Flyer into downtown Hartford, and then board a transfer (It will take approximately 2.5 hours). To plan your trip, go to: https://www.cttransit.com/trip-planner
◦ 1-Day Pass = $3.00
◦ 3-Day Pass = $7.50
◦ 5-Day Pass = $12.00
Amtrak to Springfield, MA (SPG)
- Station Building Address: 66 Lyman Street. Springfield, MA 01103
- To plan your trip, go to: https://www.amtrak.com/find-train-bus-stations-train-routes
Bus – Peter Pan Bus lines (Serves the Northeast corridor of the United States)
- To plan your trip, go to: https://peterpanbus.com/
UMass Springfield Center will be providing reduced rate parking passes for WIIC participants.
All day passes will only be $5.
WIIC Location & Accommodations
The 2018 Winter Institute for Intercultural Communication is taking place in Springfield, Massachusetts. Known as Hoop City, the City of Homes, and The City of Firsts, Springfield is situated 90 miles from Boston, MA, 85 miles from Providence, RI, and 90 miles from Albany, NY.
We recommend staying at The Sheraton and reserving your room by using the link below to be granted the discount rate. The Sheraton is connected to the UMass Springfield Center, and provides a fitness center and spa.
Breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks are provided during the workshops.
The Intercultural Communication Institute